Daejeon James

My Photo
Name:
Location: Daejeon, South Korea

No bullshit: I'll tell you how it all goes down, every grimey detail!!! Archives at the Bottom.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

I had such a refreshing time at the beach last weekend that I just had to go again one more time before I go home. Last weekend I was on the East Sea. This weekend I headed West with Colin to the Yellow Sea to meet up with some of the foreigner community from Daejeon in Boryeong/Daechon Beach. Colin and I decided last minute at last night that we would take a chance to try and catch a bus out there...but to no avail. So we split a 90,000 won cab fare ($90) over the 1.5 hour drive. It was worth it.

Here's some of the guys cooking over the BBQ.


I know its hard to believe but I assure you the smoke's from the BBQ. IT sucked a little cause it was rainy which made it a little bone chilling...but it was fun nonetheless.
Here's Colin modelling in our motel room. The beds are on the floor...but it was the best sleep I've had in almost a year....love it!
Breakfast on the beach.
Our hotel room view. Sweet deal for 40,000 won.
Colin was drunk so I made him sit on the chair and pose for this masterpiece. I think this is the best photo I've ever taken.
Of coise I bought some more fireworks....it was a little less fun in the rain.


Sunday morning Colin and I went off on our own. WE found these rock clusters where families were gathering to collect shells and look at the marine life left from the tide. A lot of baby crabs.
You could rent these bad boys (the ATVs)...but they looked really slow and boring. Although these guys seemed to be diggin it.



Colin and I really wanted to take a boat ride but we kept missing the dockings. Finally at 3:00 we got there just as the boat arrived. Of coise the captain said the tours were finished for the day...BUT after seeiong the pathetic look on our faces he decided to let us help him load the portable dock onto his boat and take a ride to drop it off at the bigger port. SWEET!
Here's the dock attachment process. Because of our help we got a free ride AND a coffee when we hit port.



You could purchase "chuk seok sacheen" or as they eloquently translated "Poralode"
Colin and I were perplexed at the meaning of the word...so we dictionaried it up and realized they meant "Polaroid".......hmmm.
Where's Waldo?

Thats the dock we hitched to the side of the boat on the right.
Korean dock workers.
PEACE





4 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Evie Sears said...

I'm glad you had a good time last weekend and throughout your year in Korea. Kudos to you for sticking with it when it got tough, and for making lots of new friends and memories.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Joanne said...

Two more weeks......can't wait to see you!

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jason here ^^
DDefinitely you don't know me kk
I just typed 'Daejon' in Google and
found yr blog
and I've just checked it out
You are working in Daejon as teacher?
I am a university student ( of course.... I'm a man sorry -_-)
I really need some friends who I can speak in english.
If u're interested, plz feel free to contact me
my e-mail : sifamily@hanmail.net
Thank you friend ^^
Take care

PS If you can spend your time to hang out with me and my friends I can introduce good korean restaurants and treat you ! ^^
Do not miss good chance~ bye!!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Qiana said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home